Monday, July 20, 2009

LESSON TO LIFE - A SMILE OF LOVE

A SMILE OF LOVE

 

 

It had been one of those mornings when nothing had gone right. There was no big problem, just little, picky things, but still irritating.

 

I hadn't realized though, how my attitude was affecting my family, until four year old Susan approached me, "Mommies," she began, grabbing my arm, "I don't like it when you frown."

 

I stopped sweeping and looked down at her. Never had I seen her look so intense, so serious. I felt a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth as I pulled her close. And then we were laughing, and oh, the beautiful release. Later as Susan ran off to play, I wonder why I let things get me down. I had so much to be thankful for. I thought of the rose, and how some people don't like roses because of the thorns. My life had been like that lately. I'd been so busy dwelling on the thorns. I hadn't taken time to consider the sweet fragrance, delicate petals, the vivid colour. There were so few thorns in my life, compared to the real beauty. How could I have forgotten that?

 

Now when I find I am troubled, I put a smile on my face. Funny how a smile can change your frame of mind. A frown is sign of despair, but a smile is love!

 

 

 

 

(East and West Series, May, 2004)

 



See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.