Tuesday, July 28, 2009

NONE CAN MATCH PARENTS


NONE CAN MATCH PARENTS

An old man was sitting in the courtyard of his house along with his son who had received tertiary education. Suddenly a crow perched on a wall of the house.

The father asked the son: ‘What is this?’ The son replied: ‘It is a crow.’

After a little while the father again asked the son: ‘What is this?’ The son said: ‘It is a crow.’ After a few minutes the father asked his son the third time: ‘What is this?’ The son said: ‘Father, I have just now told you that this is a crow.’

After a little while the old father again asked his son the fourth time: ‘What is this?’ At this time some expression of irritation was felt in the son’s tone when he said to his father with a rebuff, ‘Father! It is a crow, a crow.’

A little after the father again asked his son: ‘What is this?’ This time the son replied to his father with a vein of temper. Father: ‘You are always repeating the same question, although I have told you so many times that it is a crow. Are you not able to understand this?’

A little later the father went to his room and came back with an old diary. Opening a page he asked his son to read that. When the son read it the following words were written in the diary: “Today my little son was sitting with me in the courtyard, when a crow came there. My son asked me twenty-five times what it was and I told him twenty-five times that it was a crow and I did not at all feel irritated. I rather felt affection for the innocent child.”

The father then told the son the difference between a father and a son’s attitude, ‘While a little child he asked me this question twenty-five times and I felt no irritation in replying to the question twenty-five times and when today I asked him the same question only five times, he felt irritated and annoyed.’

Lesson: None can match the generosity of our parents