Saturday, January 16, 2010

UNITE AND SHOW HARMONY

UNITE AND SHOW HARMONY

 

Once upon a time the colours of the world started to quarrel.  All claimed that they were the best. GREEN said:"Clearly I am the most important. I am the sign of life and of hope. I was chosen for grass, trees and leaves."

 

BLUE interrupted: "Consider the sky and the sea. The sky gives space, serenity and peace. Without my peace, you would all be nothing."

 

YELLOW chuckled: "You are all so serious. I bring laughter and warmth into the world. The sun is yellow. Every time you look at a sunflower, the whole world starts to smile. Without me, there would be no fun."

 

ORANGE started next to blow her trumpet: "I am the colour of health. I carry vitamins. Think of carrots, oranges and mangoes. When I fill the sky at sunrise or sunset, my beauty is so striking that no one gives another thought to any of you."

 

RED could stand it no longer he shouted out: "I am the ruler of all of you. I am blood - life’s blood! I am the colour of danger and of bravery. Without me, the earth would be as empty as the moon. "

 

PURPLE rose up to his full height: He was very tall and spoke with great pomp: "I am the colour of royalty and power. Kings, chiefs, and bishops have always chosen me for I am the sign of wisdom."

 

Finally INDIGO spoke: "Think of me. I am the colour of silence. I represent thought. You need me for contrast, for prayer and innerpeace."

 

And so the colours went on boasting, each convinced that he was the best. Their quarreling became louder and louder. Suddenly there was a startling flash of lightning. Rain started to pour down. The colours crouched down in fear, drawing close to one another for comfort. The rain began to speak: "You foolish colours, fighting amongst yourselves. Don't you know that you were each made for a special purpose? Join hands with one another and come to me." Doing as they were told, the colours joined hands.

 

The rain continued:  "From now on, when it rains, each of you will stretch across the sky in a great bow of colour as a reminder that you can all live in peace. The Rainbow is a sign of hope for tomorrow." And so, whenever a good rain washes the world, and a Rainbow appears in the sky, let us remember to appreciate one another.