Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Continue the Game to Gain

Continue the Game to Gain

 

There once lived a wise man in a village. So it hurt him very much when the village headman told him,  "Your son doesn't know, what's more valuable, gold or silver."

 

The wise man called his son and asked, "What is more valuable - gold or silver?"

Gold," said the son.

 

"That is correct. Why is it then that the village headman makes fun of you & claims you do not know the value of gold or silver? Explain this to me, son." Father asked.

 

So the son told "Every day on my way to school, the village headman calls me to his house. He holds out a silver coin in one hand and a gold coin in other. He asks me to pick up the more valuable coin. I pick the silver coin. He laughs & makes fun of me. And then I go to school. This happens every day. That is why he told you."

 

The father was confused. "Why don't you pick up the gold coin?" he asked. In response, the son took the father to his room and showed him a box. In the box had at least a hundred silver coins. Turning to his father, the son said, "The day I pick up the gold coin the game will stop. Village headman will stop having fun and I will stop making money."

 

Moral : Sometimes in life, we have to play the fool. That does not mean we lose in the game of life. It just means allowing others to win in one arena of the game, while we win in the other arena of the game. We have to choose which arena matters to us most.