Marriage – Facts you need to know - 11
· You need to know that extreme hardship early in marriage doesn't have to be a deal breaker. In fact, it can virtually cement a relationship.
· You need to know one key to curing an unhappy marriage is one of you deciding to be happier.
· You need to know that whatever you look for in your spouse, you'll tend to find.
· You need to know researchers have found that having money and a strong marriage are keys to personal happiness.
· You need to know if your spouse is happy, you're more likely to recover from surgery faster.
· You need to know married adults who make above $30,000 are just as likely to say they're very happy as rich, single, unmarried adults.
· You need to know the best predictor of individual happiness is a loving relationship and the amount of time we invest in it.
· You need to know men and women think differently about sex. To begin with, he's usually thinking about it.
· You need to know to invite God into the bedroom. Hey, the whole thing is His idea.
· You need to know sex between a husband and wife is sacred.
· You need to know sex was created by God as a gift for married couples.
· You need to know you were designed to desire your spouse.
· You need to know that in a loving marriage, sex is like icing on the cake. The cake, however, is made up of love and faith and kindness and patience and respect.
· You need to know if sex stops in a marriage, the marriage itself is not far behind.
· You need to know giving your body to your spouse is a spiritual act. An offering of yourself.
· You need to know how to talk about sex without ego, emotion, or embarrassment.
· You need to know it's easy to give your body to your spouse in your 20s when you look great. But it's just as important to do so in your 60s, even when you're not sure how you measure up.
· You need to know to agree on what the bedroom is for. Is it a place to watch TV or a place to make love and go to sleep?
· You need to know good sex includes the talking and laughing afterward. Don't just roll over and pass out.
· You need to know the odds are overwhelming that you'll have some sexual problems at some point in your relationship. But there's nothing that can't be worked through.