Friday, August 16, 2013

Thank you mom for all you do......

A Cute Letter from a newly married girl to her mother

Dear mom,

Like every normal girl, I was excited about marriage right from my childhood days. I never thought beyond the time that I would spend happily with my prince charming. But today when I am married, I realize that marriage is not all roses. It's not just about being with your beloved and having a gala time. There is so much more to it. It comes with its own share of responsibilities, duties, sacrifices and compromises. 

I can't wake up anytime I want to. I am expected to be up and ready before everyone else in the family. 

I can't laze around in my pyjamas throughout the day. I am expected to be presentable every time.

I can't just go out anytime I want to. I am expected to be sensitive to the needs of the family. 

I just can't hit the bed anytime I want to. I am expected to be active and around the family. 

I can't expect to be treated like a princess but am supposed to take care of everyone else in the family. 

And then I think to myself, 'why did I get married at all?' I was happier with you, mom. 

Sometimes I think of coming back to you and getting pampered again. I want to come home to my favorite food cooked by you every evening after a nice outing with friends. I want to sleep on your laps like I have no worry in this world. 

But then I suddenly realize, had you not got married and made such sacrifices in your life, I wouldn't have had so many wonderful memories to hang on to. And suddenly, the purpose of all this becomes clear- to return the same comfort, peace and happiness to my new family that I got from you. And I am sure that as time would pass, I would start loving this life equally as you do. 

Thank you mom for all the sacrifices and compromises you made. They give me the strength to do the same. Love you.

It's an excellent letter for all daughters.