Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The other side of Bill Gates

In an interview, to the question "Why Microsoft doesn't take operating system piracy issues seriously or take some legal actions?"; this is Bill Gates supposedly answered.

He said, "We have account of machines running on pirated versions of windows. If those machines ever connect to the internet, we COULD even stop working of that machine over internet, but we don't".

Why?

"Well, most of piracy cases are in Asian countries, China and India in particular. From these countries, we get enough royalties from licensed users, producing nice amount of revenues. The problem of piracy for us, lies dominantly in developing countries, and in some parts of African countries. Indeed, most people who use pirated software are not able to pay us for that operating system. They can't afford that service. Our thinking is like this…if they don't use computers, they would lag in this race of technology revolution. So it is up to us, either to allow them to keep using our softwares or let them live in a divided world."

Mr. Bill Gates perceives all this as a humanity concern and not a corporate one.

Till I read about this incident, I had a different opinion about Bill Gates. Now my opinion about him is better. I felt a little ashamed of myself for having judged him without adequate information.

Have you ever felt this way? What did you do when you realised your mistake?

I don't know if this story is true. What I do know is so often we hurry to form an opinion about people. I have decided to be alert to this habit and change it for the better.

Who knows the person whom I believe is not good enough, might be an angel in a few lives !!!

Have you ever experienced this?