Monday, June 30, 2014

All Goes Well With Me – Always

All Goes Well With Me – Always

 

 

A child-soul I met many years ago. He was advanced in years: age had written wrinkles in his face, but the smile of God was in his eyes. And he always looked fresh and radiant as a child of five.

 

And I said to him: "O Sanat Kumar! O Youth Eternal! Tell me what is the secret of your unsullied freshness."

 

And he answered: "I always feel fresh, for I have no worries, no cares, and no anxieties."

 

And in sheer wonderment, I asked: "Do you mean to say that no unpleasant occurance has ever crossed your path?"

 

"Far from it," he quietly answered, "The basket of my life has been filled, again and again, with many a bitter fruit. Failures and frustrations have come to me in and out of season. But they touch me not. For when I find myself in an unpleasant situation, I enter within myself and, gazing and gazing  and still gazing at the calm, beautieous countenance of the Mother Divine, say to Her: "Maa! Mother! Here is one more burden for you to bear!" And then I forget all about it. And all goes well with me – always!"