Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Nuri Granth

The Nuri Granth

 

You are the ocean, and I am a fish in Your waters,

Every moment of my life, is dependent on Your grace!

Pray, grant me the dust of Your Lotus Feet,

For which I beg, at Your door, says Nuri Nimani.

 

Fain, I could get the saint's guidance,

Each and every moment,

May He come and bestow his treasure on this beggar maid.

May He, granting me His love,

Make me meek and humble, says Nuri.

 

Day and night, I have remembered Him within my heart,

But since many, many days

He is far away in some foreign land.

O! When with His loving steps,

Will He come unto my abode? Asks Nuri.

 

Hundreds of thousands have been washed away,

In the illusory waves of mind,

Many are the books and volumes that they did read,

But they foundered in midstream. 

But those who, in silence, dived deep within themselves,

Realized the Truth Immutable, says Nuri.

 

-Nuri Granth pages 67-68

(Songs of Sadhu Vaswani in Sindhi, 

Translated by Shri H.T Sadhwani).