Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna

 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy day of Guruvaar. Baba why do you give us wants and desires, if we succeed our delightness stays for a moment, otherwise we are gloomy, despair and sorrow. As soon as one want is gratified, another new one crops up and no end to our wants and consequently our worries, restlessness, anxieties and fear continues. Baba we pray to stop this ignorance and we surrender to Your Lotus Feet and submit all our wants, needs,  worries and desires. You know what is best for us, give us the right thing at right time, until such time we pray and meditate on You. On this holy day we start our prayers after reading the following ovi verses from Your Satcharita.

 

Even in such a pathetic situation, Bhau chanted Sai's name. "Enough of this suffering. Even death is preferable", he cried surrendering to Sai.

 

He sent a message to Baba: "I am weary of bearing this pain. How many abscesses do I have on my body! I do not have the strength to bear this.

 

Throughout my life I have acted correctly. Why should I have to undergo this painful condition? I have never deviated from the path of righteousness. Why should I be punished and for what sin?

 

Baba! I can longer bear this pain on account of the guineaworms, which is similar to death. Instead let me die now. I shall undergo the suffering in my next life.

 

There is no alternative but to bear the pain. I shall have to take many more births. But that which is destined cannot be avoided. Dull-witted though I am, I realise it.

 

I will happily take ten more births, in which I shall undergo the fruits of my 'karma'. But grant me the boon of ending this present life.

 

Enough of this life. Release me from this birth. I do not wish to undergo this pain. That is all that I ask for now ".

 

Listening to this prayer, the Siddha-rana felt compassion; and for Dr. Pillai's satisfaction showered the nectar of mercy. Savour it.

 

Then seeing this utterly painful condition of Dr. Pillai, notice what the devotee's wish-fulfilling tree did to remove it.

 

This message from Dr. Pillai was brought by Dixit. Listening to this news, Baba said: "Go and tell him to be fearless ".

 

 And the further message he sent: "Why should he be crippled for ten lives? He has to bear it out only for ten days; and we shall both share it.

 

When I am capable of granting liberation, material desires, or spirituality, are you being brave in asking for something meaningless like death?

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter 34, Ovi 53 - 64)