Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna

 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy day of Guruvaar. Take, Sai Samartha, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will, all that I am, all that I have, You have given me and I will give it back again to You to be disposed of according to Your good pleasure. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with You I am rich enough. On this blessed day we pray for Your love and grace to lead a divinely holy life. We start our prayers after reading the following ovi verses from Your Satcharita.

 

"In the home of my devotees, food and clothing will never be lacking ". This is an assurance given by Sree Sai and the devotees were aware of this.

 

"Those who whole-heartedly worship me and lovingly always serve me, I look after their well-being. This I know to be my motto. "

 

This is also the affirmation of the Bhagvat Gita. Sai says to accept this as universal truth: "There will never be shortage of food and clothing. Therefore do not hanker after them. "

 

"One should seek honour at the door of God; and should beg only from God. Ask only for His Blessings. Worldly prestige should be left aside.

 

Why are you satisfied by the honour given to you by society? And why are you infatuated by that? Rather seek through intense devotion to move your chosen deity to compassion and to express your joy through copious streams of satvik bhava.

 

May you find joy in such striving. Let all the faculties be seized with such a devotional urge so that the passions of the senses may be transformed completely and sprout devotional worship. What desire will then remain?

 

May such devotion be your constant pre-occupation leaving no relish for anything else. May the mind be engaged in constant chanting of my name and let everything else be forgotten.

 

Then there will be no thought of body, home and wealth. The heart will be fixed on the infinite happiness. The mind will be balanced and serene; and it will find fulfilment in itself.

 

A contented mind is the surest sign of association with the holy. How can a wandering mind be considered as being surrendered to God? "

 

Therefore, with full concentration, oh listeners, listen to the explanation with faith. By listening to the Sai Satcharita let your mind be inclined towards devotion.

 

Along with the narration, you will feel contented. Your wayward mind will find peace. Agitation will disappear and you will achieve happiness.

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter 6, Ovi 33 - 43)

http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/