Wednesday, March 25, 2015

​Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna

 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy day of Guruvaar. Baba, when we have the urge of hunger, You appease us with food, when we have the urge of thirst, You give water to quench, when we have urge to be happy and You satisfy us with 'something'. That 'something' is nothing but You. You are embodiment of happiness. We realize that You are near us within our reach to help us to ward off our difficulties. We knock your door with our prayers, please open and give us Your endless support and strength. We start our Guruvaar prayers by reading Your words in Satcharita.

 

Therefore, Baba, with your power let me experience this knowledge myself, whereby I can easily attain liberation. Grant me these alms, I beg of you.

 

Consequently, O Lord Sadguru Sai, I offer my bodily pride to you. From now onwards take care of me as there is no self with me.

 

Take away my bodily consciousness so that I feel neither pain nor pleasure. Control me so that I act only in accordance with your wish.

 

Or, you become my ego yourself and take over all doer and enjoyership. Let me not have anxiety on that account.

 

Hail, hail to you the One who has fulfilled all desires. Enjoin my love at your feet. O abode of Auspiciousness, may this inconstant mind find complete peace at your feet.

 

Who else but you can speak words for our welfare, relieve us of our miseries and bring us contentment?

 

It was Shirdi's good fortune that, Baba, you arrived there. Later you stayed on there and gave that place a status of pilgrimage.

 

Blessed is Shirdi's fortune that this merciful Sai made this place auspicious and adorned it by his own stay.

 

You are the one to kindle me. You alone are the one to provoke my speech, so who am I to sing your praises? You are the doer who gets things done.

 

To be always in your company is itself our study of the Vedant. Listening to your life story daily is itself our reading of religious texts.

 

Chanting your name without wasting a moment is itself equivalent to doing 'katha and kirtan'. This itself is our regular meditation and that is itself our satisfaction.

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter 26, Ovi 15 - 25)

http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/