Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

​​Guruvaar Prarthna


Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy day of Guruvaar. Baba, all these days we are asking you to do something for us, yet we have numerous worries and wonders in our days, we are unable to express each and every issue to You. We are not capable to list out our trouble lined up against us. Today we  pray by not uttering any word on our problems, we submit our soul and body on to your Lotus Feed. Silence is our prayer, our silence will tell you millions of our minds desires and disturbances to you. We will continue to follow Your shraddha and shaburi. On this holy day we start our prayers by reading Your words in Satcharita.

 

Many people have novel methods of teaching. But Baba gave instructions according to the understanding of the person.

 

Maharaj's method was singular. His way was to make it amusing so that it was well remembered. I have no experience of having heard or seen the like of it elsewhere.

 

He said: "He has a bad habit – that of liking to eat alone. Taking advantage of the market day, he came rubbing the grams in his palms (to take off the skin).

 

It is not good to eat alone. But I know his habit. These grams give the proof. What is there to be surprised about? ".

 

Then I said: "It does not occur to me to eat without sharing. Then, whence arises the question of this bad habit? This stigma cannot be applicable to me.

 

Baba, till this day, I have not seen the Shirdi bazaar. If I went there, I could buy the grams. And the question of eating them would arise only later.

 

I never eat anything without sharing it with someone. Whosoever has this liking may do so, but this is not my habit ".

 

Now observe Baba's skill. How he made devotion firmer to himself! Hear with attention, to what he said after listening to my clear denial.

 

" You share the food with whosoever is near you. But what do you do, when you are alone? What can I also do? Do you remember me?

 

Am I not beside you? Do you offer me a morsel? " Thus he made the grams a mere pretext and deeply impressed upon me this principle.

 

Eating food without offering to Indra and other deities, the five 'pranas', the fire and defrauding them of it or without offering to all deities made by presenting oblations to the fire before meals, or without offering it to the unexpected guest makes the food highly impure.

 

In principle, this appears insignificant. But its application in daily life is very important. Enjoying the

flavour of the food is not the only implication – all the five senses and other enjoyments are included.

 

One who panders to his senses can never hope to achieve spiritual progress. He who has a tight control over the senses alone can succeed.


I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  24, Ovi 31 - 43)

http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/