Wednesday, September 23, 2015

I have to take care of my children night and day

I have to take care of my children night and day

 

When (in 1918) Mrs. Tarkhad and her son Master Tarkhad visited Sai Baba. 

Sai Baba: Mother, now a days I have been much pestered. Some want wealth, some women, some sons, Hallo! what I have, none wants. I wait and wait; and one day I will suddenly disappear. I am quite disgusted. 

Mrs. Tarkhad: Baba, why do you say so? Then, what is to become of us? 

Baba: Why are you anxious? Is not God taking thought for your welfare? I am very much pleased when my children come to me, and then I take my two morsels of food with gusto and put on more flesh. 

Master Tarkhad : We come to you to ask just what you have got. You know that? 

Sai Baba: Yes. You will get it. 

Master Tarkhad: Yes, we are quite sure of it. But when? 

Sai Baba: Very soon. 

Master Tarkhad:  Baba, I must have an assurance from you how many more births I will have to take before getting it. 

Sai Baba: Three more lives will be sufficient. 

Master Tarkhad: But Baba, will you not be always with us? 

Sai Baba : Hallo! During how many births have I already been with you! We shall meet again and again. I have to take care of my children night and day, and give an account of every pie to God.

 

 

(Baba's Charters and Sayings, No. 97)