Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Navavidha Bhakti in Shri Sai Satcharita - 6

Navavidha Bhakti in Shri Sai Satcharita - 6


Sixth Step – Vandan Bhakti

 

Ø  Sai Maharaj, Ocean of Mercy, Veritable Incarnation of God. Absolute Brahman, Great Lord of Yoga - I do my eightfold obeisance before Him ! ll1ll – C. 25

 

Ø  When you surrender to the powerful Sai, body and soul, virtue, wealth, love and deliverance are attained without striving and unasked. ll14ll – C. 6

 

Ø  He embraces and holds near His heart those who prostrate themselves before Him with no sense of duality and unconditionally surrender to Him. ll3ll – C. 40

 

Ø  Hearing this, I hurriedly ran to the spot where Baba was and prostrated in the dust at His feet. My joy knew no bounds. ll137ll – C. 2

 

Ø  When I heard this, I ceased to have any doubts. I bowed at the feet of Sai and then relying on my memory, I started to write this biography. ll5ll "..... Once having prostrated, past sins born of speech and hearing will be destroyed." ll20ll – C. 3

 

Ø  The collyrium of knowledge that He puts in the eyes, removes the ignorance and takes you to His own abode. To Sai, whose greatness is such, I prostrate myself fully. ll158ll – C. 10

 

Ø  "Oh ! Why so often do you do namaskar after namaskar ? It is enough to do it once, with reverence and honour." ll156ll – C. 48

 

Ø  "Convey to him My salutations and request him to have mercy and grace towards this humble one. Do not forget Me and let your love for Me grow uninterruptedly." ll133ll "As a rule, we swamis are forbidden and do not bow to any one else. But, breaking this rule, in the present context, can only be beneficent." ll135ll - C. 51

 

Ø  Baba, this Shamrao is here. He is giving namaskar in place of dakshina and says consider them as fifteen rupees only. Offer these to Baba. ll92ll Then I paid my respects to Baba and said : Your blessings are enough for me. Only grant me this favour. Take care of me. ll119ll – C. 19