Saturday, November 28, 2015

Experiences of Sai Maharaj - Experiences recorded by late Hon. Hari Sitaram Dixit – Part 1

Experiences of Sai Maharaj

Experiences recorded by late Hon. Hari Sitaram Dixit – Part 1

 

 

1.       HOW THE BUVA FROM HARIDWAR LEARNT HIS LESSON...

 

The Buva from Haridwar always sat near the column opposite Shri Sai Baba during the morning Baithak. Once, the Buva was late, and a little girl sat in his place. She did not get up when the Buva arrived. So, he asked her to get up and took his usual place. After five minutes, Sai Maharaj said, ''Go and sit in the Sabha Mandap downstairs." He left; but came back after some time and tried to take his seat. Maharaj told him to go down once again. Buva understood that this was a lesson for making the little girl get up.

 

 

2.       HOW BABA FULFILLED MY DASSERA POOJA...

 

Once, I left Nagpur and reached Shirdi at the beginning of Navratri. I stayed on till Dassera. Many devotees had brought various types of fruits and Mithai according to their choice for Baba. I did not have any fruits with me. My Pooja was simple as usual. I felt sad and felt that, it would have been better, if there were some fruits in my Pooja Thali. A little while later, Sai Maharaj distributed some grapes to all. He gave some to me; but did not keep anything for Himself. When I saw this, I felt, I should give Him some and did so. Sai Maharaj accepted the grapes and ate them, fulfilling my desire of Dassera Pooja, and I felt happy once again.

 

3. HOW BABA ACCEPTED A FLORAL OFFERING TO HIS PORTRAIT...

 

A friend of mine from Bandra was worshipping Baba's portrait. There were some flowers in his Pooja Thali, amongst which a big Mogra' flower stood out. He felt like offering this flower to Sai; but since it was big, it would not have stuck to the picture with sandalwood paste (Gandha). It then struck him that; Baba always smelt a flower by taking it close to His nose. So, he took the flower to Baba's nose in the picture. He had planned to touch the picture and put it down; but surprisingly it stuck and stayed there till evening!

 

4. HOW BABA SAVED THREE - YEAR OLD SHANTI FROM FALLING IN THE WELL...

 

There was a Brahmin called Babu Khirvandikar in Shirdi. His three year old daughter Shanti fell in the well behind Sathe's Wada and remained there. Later, she was saved and pulled out of the well. She said Sai had caught her while falling and held her midway. She called herself Sai's sister and Sai Maharaj always held affection for her.

 

5. HOW BABA SENT UDI TO HIS DEVOTEE IN THE TRAIN...

 

Shri Chidambar Keshav Gadgil was a devotee of Sai Maharaj. He was a government servant. For some time he was the secretary to the collector. Later he became the Mamletdar (district revenue officer) at Sinnar. He often came to Shirdi for Sai Darshan. When he was transferred to a far off place, he was asked to join immediately and so had no time to go to Shirdi and take Baba's Darshan. His train went via Kopargaon; but he had to go on and so kept feeling sorry for not being able to visit Baba. While the train was moving, a small packet of paper came through the window and fell on him. He opened it and found an Udi–like powder which he kept carefully. Later, when he visited Baba, Sai Maharaj asked him, "You could not come; so I sent you some Udi, you got it didn't you?" Gadgil was overwhelmed. Later, he put that Udi in a talisman and wore it all his life.

 

6. HOW BABA FULFILLED MY WISHES...

 

I had to go to Indore for some work. Since I was passing through Manmad, I decided to visit Sadguru Sai Baba in Shirdi and then proceed. My friends dissuaded me from going to Shirdi. They said, ''Baba will not leave you on time." I said, "I have two more days in hand to reach Indore and my mind is bent on visiting Baba in Shirdi." I went to Shirdi as planned. As soon as I went for Darshan in the Masjid, Baba inquired, when I would be leaving. I said, ''If You want me to leave today, I shall go; but I have two days in hand." "Okay, stay for two days and then go," He said. Accordingly I stayed for two days and then left for Indore. My wish was fulfilled and my friends' fears were meaningless.

 

(- to be contd)