Wednesday, December 9, 2015

GURUVAAR PRARTHNA

Guruvaar Prarthna


 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy Day of Guruvaar. Baba,when we are in front of you, we had a feeling of great conversation with you, but without having spoken a word. Sometimes we don't say anything, and yet everything is said to you. Certainly we come across with this rare moments some times and feel a kind of connectivity with You. Baba please make this connectivity a permanent phenomenon and keep us merged in your heart. On this holy day we start our prayers by reading your divine guidance in Shri Sai Samartha Satcharitra.

 

 

A snake-charmer is very shrewd. He does not perform before a layman or a novice. He expects the right audience which will appreciate his skill.

 

Similarly, after creating innumerable insects, animals, birds and plants, God was surprised and disappointed. He felt that His creation was eaningless.

 

In the infinite expanse of the universe, the sun, the moon and the innumerable stars were there; but there was nobody who wondered even for a moment about the Creator.

 

Not a single living creature had even given a thought to the motive behind the whole creation of the Lord.

 

 'My whole creation is futile till such time as I have not created a being who will be sharp and intelligent and who will appreciate the prosperity and abundance of my creation'.

 

Having thus thought to Himself, God created man who with his sense of discretion would know His powers.

 

 'My glory is limitless. My powers are incomparable. This creation is the result of my Maya. With wonder he will realise that all this is the sport of my Maya.

 

He only will gain knowledge. He only will be able to concentrate on me and realise me; he only will be benefitted – then only will the creation be complete.

 

The fullfilment of my creation lies in the great happiness of my spectators (men). Man will be grateful when he will realise my empire and that I am the whole and sole controller or holder of the reins.

 

Life is not to be lived only for doing work, to fulfil one's wishes to acquire wealth and for earning money. Until one survives, one should study the philosophy of life. That is the aim of life.

 

The knowledge of reality is oneness. That is also the knowledge of Brahman, as prescribed by the Upanishads. That is itself the worship of God. That is the real God for the devotees.

 

Guru and Brahman are not two separate entities. One who has realised the oneness, he (as it were) has practised devotion. This realisation is the easiest way to overcome Maya.

 

Those wise men who have faith, who have acquired knowledge and who are non-attached, who have realised that " atmatatva" (Essence of the Supreme Spirit) which is experienced by them, know that they are really the fortunate devotees.

 

Those unaware of their own real nature, if without removing their ignorance, believe that they have achieved everything in life, then this is a tremendous obstacle (to their spiritual progress).

 

Knowledge and ignorance, both these elements are born of nescience. You should discard them, just as one removes a thorn by means of another thorn.

 

Remove ignorance through knowledge. Go beyond both knowledge and ignorance. Reach the stage of Pure Self-realisation. This is the only goal for a human life.

 



I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

 

Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanteeh

 

 

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  8, Ovi  54 - 69)