Sunday, October 2, 2016

Baba answers your prayers

Baba answers your prayers


On 10th September 1998, a neatly dressed young man came with a friend, attended the noon pooja at our Sai Mandir in Virar, Mumbai. After the arathi was over, he was still gazing at Baba and was wiping tears from his eyes. I watched him for some time and inquisitively talked to him. He told me that his name was TVS Prasad, a BE graduate and was working as a Senior Manager in a company. His parents, wife and children were all in his native place in Andhra Pradesh. He came to Mumbai as he was interviewed for a position in a Saudi Arabian firm. Unfortunately, the agent cheated him by taking his money, passport and vanished. He was now in a difficult situation as he could neither go back to his previous assignment nor could look forward to the Saudi assignment. Left with no choice, he was doing some piece job right now and staying with a friend and saving money to get a job.

 

He made a request. He wanted me to visit his parents in Andhra on his behalf and tell them his predicament. He would bear my expenses for his trip. He did not wish to get back to them till he got a job. I convinced him that I was a stranger and his people may or may not believe my words and it would be better if he himself visited them and explain the predicament. I told him to sincerely pray to Sai Baba who would certainly do the needful.

 

I invited him and his friend to our house for lunch. For me it was Sai Baba himself coming to my place and accepting prasad. He visited the Sai Mandir the next day also. Then several months passed and there was no trace of this devotee. I thought that he might have gone back to his native place or might have got a job elsewhere.

 

Then, one fine morning I received a closed cover. The postal stamp was from Riyadh. It was a letter from this gentleman. He wrote to me: "By the blessings of Sai Baba, my ambition has been fulfilled. I am now employed in Digital Computers in Riyadh. I will personally go and meet my people, etc." He had thanked me for the solace I had given him. Baba never fails His devotees. What the devotee wishes, he will get it from Him.


By S. Mani