Wednesday, January 11, 2017

GURUVAAR PRARTHNA - 12/01/2017

GURUVAAR   PRARTHNA - 12/01/2017

.

 

 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy Day of Guruvaar. Baba, as you said, we must learn to walk alone, live in fellowship with all, but the heart within. Know that we are alone, we belong to no one, no one belongs to us. Alone and empty-handed must we wend our way to the Alone – that's our way to reach You Alone Baba. Under Your Lotus Feet, we seek peace, peace and peace alone. On this holy day, we start our prayers by reading Your divine guidance from Shri Sai Samartha Satcharitra.

 

 

 

A simple story depicting the meaning will bring out the importance of faith, which is most essential for attaining the goals of life. Listeners should listen to it for their benefit.

 

 

Once a resident of Pune, whose name was Anantrao Patankar, who had developed respect for Sai's darshan, came to Shirdi soon.

 

 

He had heard all the Vedas and read the original Upanishads, along with the commentaries; but his mind remained always restless and peace of mind eluded him.

 

 

When he had taken Sai Samartha's darshan, Patankar's eyes were rewarded. After bowing down at his feet he worshipped him with ritualistic accuracy.

 

 

Afterwards, with folded hands, he sat in front of Baba, very close to him. Anantrao, who looked very lovingly, asked him with extreme humility:

 

 

" I have read many books, including the Vedas, the Vedangas and the Upanishads. I have listened to the holy Shastras and Puranas. Yet, why is my mind so despondent?

 

 

I now feel that whatever I have read has been wasted. I think that even the illiterate devout devotee is better off than me.

 

 

All my study of books, learning of Shastras is a waste. All this bookish knowledge is futile as long as my mind remains unsteady.

 

 

Oh how empty is the effort I have made over the study of etymology; to what purpose is the japa and mantra which does not give peace of mind! How will I then ever acquire the knowledge of Brahman?

 

 

By word of mouth I have heard that by Sai's darshan all worries are removed and that you show the right direction even in your humorous talk, very easily.

 

 

Therefore, Maharaj, treasure trove of austerities, I have reached your feet. Give me your blessings, by which I may have peace of mind. "

 

 

 

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

.

 

 

Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanteeh

 

 

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  21, Ovi  74 - 84)